twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Vishal Chandrashekar - Music Composer



He learnt music from the age of six, Vishal has been composing music for numerous ads and short films for quite some time. He has also done a course in A R Rahman's music school. He was originally an arranger and used to arrange music for stage shows,says this composer who has now scored the music for Hai Da , a youthful story featuring newcomers. The director Brinda Das asked to come up with a promo track for the film and after listening to it, she made me the film's composer.

After That: The youngster has been signed up by maverick cinematographer Santhosh Sivan for his next directorial effort Ceylon . One of my friends is working as an assistant with Santhosh sir and he heard about me through him. He asked me to do one demo track, which had to showcase pain, suffering and relief all at the same time. He was impressed with the track and has asked me to be the film's music director, reveals Vishal.

Vishal As Background Composer:
He debuted in 2009, with Indira Vizha , which did not do well . Sonna Puriyathu, directed by Krishnan Jayaraj (the co-director of Tamizh Padam ), is actually a comeback of sorts. He got into music by composing jingles and non-film albums. In fact, I have worked with Jayaraj for many advertisements, and when he decided to turn director, he roped me in for the project.The composer says that he has got the right material with Sonna Puriyathu . It is a romantic comedy and I have tried out various genres in all the eight songs, he says and adds that the challenge here was to not make the songs too serious as the film's lead is played by actor Shiva.


0 comments:

Post a Comment